Sunday, September 01, 2002

Friday was my second shot day. I thought it was going to be weird, since it was at home without a nurse there to guide me through it. We got through it just fine. I just set everything up, followed the step-by-step instructions in the book, and did it.

I used one of my Winnie the Pooh bandaids, but I hardly needed it. It felt sore for a few minutes, but not bad at all. Compared to donating blood, getting an IV, or getting pinched by my older brother or sister, this is a piece of cake!

I took this shot at night so that I could sleep through side effects. I was worried there might be more, since I wouldn't be taking my Tylenol faithfully throughout the night. I was not going to set my alarm to go off every 4 hours just so I could take some medicine. Anyway, the side effects were mild. I briefly had chills at one point that morning. My temperature never got above 98.8 degrees. I did get some muscle aches when I was late taking Tylenol during the afternoon, but they went away quickly and weren't so bad.

I had hoped it would be like this - no big deal, once I got over the concept of giving myself shots. It's scary to think about, especially when you hear other people's horror stories. But now that I know what it's going to be like for me, no worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment