Sunday, March 23, 2003

What a difference a few hours make.

I slept in this morning. We were supposed to go to Sunday School class, and I was really looking forward to it. But I was nauseous last night, so I didn't want to push myself today. Well, I slept in so late that my back was painfully stiff. I gently worked it back into some semblance of normalcy.

After having brunch with my family, we headed back to my parents' house so that my sister could unwrap her birthday gifts. While she did so, I was on the floor, effortlessly moving from one Pilates move to another. My mom was pleasantly surprised to watch me stretch and grab my feet, and then move into other strength moves. I used to not be able to grab my foot when I stretched my leg out, but now I was grabbing the arch with little effort. I even was able to reach down and touch the floor in a straight-legged forward bend - the first time I've ever done that!

I've never been flexible, and up until recently, I had to deal with a lot of pain. Now, even though I have this disease that could affect my mobility, I'm more flexible than ever...most of the time. I just have to ease into it some days when I start out stiff. I also have to keep working at it, to keep showing the improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment