Monday, February 03, 2003

Well, I got through the business trip just fine, only to turn around and head right back out of town for a funeral. And then when I got back to town, another funeral. Needless to say, I was exhausted by all of that. Tim gave me my shot right before we left town. I vegged out in the car, but I wasn't myself the whole day. I just laid in the guest room and tried to nap. I felt like a new person the next day. Everyone was quite understanding of my situation, and that helped me a lot.

Since I've been back, I've been trying to get back into some routine and take care of myself. I did have a follow-up appointment with the neurologist. MS-wise, I'm doing fine and not showing any active symptoms at this point. I've just got some other health issues that I need to be addressing right now. Like most folks who make New Year's Resolutions, I put "losing weight" on the list. The doctor ordered blood work, and we know that my thyroid is not causing my weight gain or fatigue.

This weekend was much calmer. I did have to work on Saturday, but I didn't get up early. On Sunday, I decided not to set an alarm, and I woke up at 11am! My body needed the rest.

So I'll be starting some new medicine in the next week that will hopefully alleviate some of the other health stuff. On the downside, I might have trouble sleeping on this new drug. Oh, great. I woke up at 4:45 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so the last thing I need is a drug that could cause even more nights like that. We'll see how things work out. On the plus side, my doctor thinks it could help with some of the hip pain I've been having. That would be a welcome relief, since my yoga tapes and Pilates mat classes aren't getting it done on their own.

Another plus doctor is quite optimistic when it comes to my future mobility. I know he can't say with certainty that I'll never have problems, but it's sure nice to know that he thinks it's going to be less likely in my case. After all, each case of MS is different, and there are such a variety of symptoms.

I'm working on getting some routines in place to help me chip away at my long "To Do" list. There's a cool website called FlyLady that talks about creating order out of chaos. I've been reading for a long while and doing things haphazardly, but now I'm going to be more diligent. I'm starting off by creating simple morning and evening routines, and I'll also try to spend at least 15 minutes per day decluttering.

I'm also getting my "To Do" list better organized, thanks to the computer. We had to get a new one earlier this month, and I've tried to take advantage of it. Our old one was so slow that it didn't help me out to try and use software, spreadsheets, etc. to get organized. This one is much faster, and has been quite useful already. Once I finish setting up our finances and some other stuff on it, I'll be ready for some major computer-geek fun. Yeah, I know, not everyone thinks that sort of stuff is fun. But I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment