Sunday, March 08, 2009

Having MS can make routine tests turn into a double-edged sword. I had a colonoscopy last week, and while one of the doctors was explaining the procedure to me, he mentioned that it could lead to a flare-up of my symptoms. I didn't think much about it at the time, but I did remember those words a few days later as I was dealing with some major fatigue. I had wondered why my right leg had been feeling bad, and I wondered why I was so tired even though I had a good night's sleep and a morning nap. When I remembered that doctor's words, I understood.

The colonoscopy is one of those tests you have to prep for, too. I was on a liquid diet the day before the test and had to chug a solution the night before and morning of so that I would practically live in the bathroom. But that part of the prep was a piece of cake. The worst part? No blood thinners for three days before the test, which meant no ibuprofen on one of my shot days. I had to deal with the side effects of the Rebif that night, which was not pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment