Sunday, March 22, 2009

Even though I'm doing a lot better than many people with MS, I still have to deal with the ugliness of this disease. Today's word is constipation. I warned you folks, this disease ain't pretty. It presents a cruel dilemma: on the one hand, drinking plenty of fluids can help you prevent dealing with constipation. But MS also likes to play with your bladder, too, which can make you hesistant to keep pouring liquids into this quirky body part. So which is better...wetting your pants or having cramps, noises, and smells?

So now the emergency kits has a new addition. I've got the spare pants for the bladder issues, and the laxatives for the bowel. Since it's a weekend, I read up on the MS Society site for ideas on which ones to try.

I know, I know - this is not a pleasant topic. But when you're talking about MS, not many topics are.

No comments:

Post a Comment