Saturday, November 16, 2002

Today is one of my rougher days, physically. When I woke up this morning, it was very hard to get out of bed because of the pain in my back. As I struggled to get to my feet, I thought, "This is what they mean in the booklet by 'transfer' issues."

I did my AM Yoga for Beginners tape, hoping it would make me feel better. Oh, it was torture at times. It was a struggle just to lay down on the yoga mat to start the practice. I had warned Tim in advance that he might hear some strange sounds as I moaned and groaned my way through the program. I did not disappoint. The noises ranged from the pleasant shock of doing the best cobra pose I've done in ages to the frustrated giggles as I tried to lasso my left foot with a yoga strap to the painful groans as I made my body move. It was a struggle, but I got through the entire program, and I definitely felt better for doing so.

I'm going to start an exercise journal so that I remember what I feel like when I exercise vs. how I feel when I don't. It can be a helpful thing to track as well for my neurology appointments, so that my doctor and I can figure out how much of my pain and movement trouble is due to MS and how much is just due to inactivity.

Did I mention that I've struggled today?

Shot Night - Last night was shot night again. Tim gave me the shot in my right arm. He's getting quite good at this - very little pain or blood. He's been teasing me, though, because I flinched during the shot. He also picked on me when I rated the shot in my journal.

I have a journal where I keep track of the shots - when I took them (date and time) and in what part of the body. There's also a place for notes about side effects, so I can remember things to tell my doctors. Each week also has a place to rate on a scale of 1-5 how comfortable I was with the shot. He got a 2 the first time he gave me a shot in my right arm, but he earned a 4 yesterday. He teased me about this, since I gave myself a 5 last week. He wants to know what it will take to get a 5 one week. (Not sure, but it may involve chocolate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment