Tuesday, November 12, 2002

I got an email from a friend, who offered to have his wife come over and give me my shots since she's trained and experienced. It was a gracious offer, but I declined. The shot isn't the bad part for me anymore. I mean, it's weird to have to go through the whole routine, but it doesn't hurt, and I don't mind giving me the shot. If anything, it's a bit of pride for me every week. After all, there are a lot of people who can't give themselves an injection, they just can't. I worried that I'd be one. But I can do it, and it's a positive reminder about overcoming fear.

The bad part is the uncertainty of the side effects. Fortunately, I've been having more good weeks than bad lately. This past week has been great, and I didn't have any of the bothersome side effects. Now I know that when I'm not feeling well when I take the shot, I'm going to feel the side effects more. Just knowing that is comforting. I'm the kind of person who likes to know what to expect and hates certainty. That's why this stupid illness can get to me every once in awhile.

Tim slipped up early in my illness and called it remitting-repulsive MS, instead of relapsing-remitting. I absolutely love that term, and I use it when I'm frustrated or in a bad mood. It cheers me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment