Monday, November 25, 2002

Shot Night - My favorite shot location is the top of my legs (if you can have favorites for stuff like that). It's the easiest to access, so I'm less likely to hurt myself. And now that I know what I'm doing, I don't leave much of a mark.

This weekend - This weekend was a toughie. Saturday, I got tired during my grocery shopping, so I didn't get to finish my errands or go to a concert with Tim that night.

Here's how tired I was -- UVA beat Maryland by 5 touchdowns and NC State upset Florida State, and all I could do was sit on the couch and smile. Usually, watching football is an aerobic activity for me, because I'll be yelling, pumping my arms, and jumping out of the chair, so this is the true indication that I was a worn-out puppy that day.

Then I had trouble sleeping, since I had been resting/napping all afternoon and evening, which meant I wasn't in the best shape on Sunday. But there was a roomful of second-graders and their parents waiting to learn music from me at the start of Sunday School, so I had to be at church by 9:30 no matter what.

And oops, my days of long marathon shopping sessions at the mall are over! Actually, any sort of activity that requires me to be on my feet for a long time without a break is on the no-no list. I started fading as we were doing the return lap of the mall, and I wanted to keep going because I hate shopping after Thanksgiving. I was in such bad shape by the time we got done that we didn't even stop in the food court for a drink, because Tim thought we needed to get me back to the car. Given the back spasms I was having, I think it was the right call.

I kept having back spasms the rest of the night. If I stood for more than a couple of minutes, I would have more spasms. Tim heated up my herbal back pillow before I went to bed, and I felt lots better when I woke up.

Today - I'm doing better today. My upper back is stiff because of this weekend's trouble, but I'm moving around just fine. Some little twinges of discomfort, but no spasms. I have just got to learn that there are major consequences to me pushing my body farther than it can be handled. I just don't like to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment