Friday, June 22, 2012

Hot Fun In The Summertime

Summer's here, and it brings a whole set of challenges.  How do we beat the heat?  How do we exercise safely?  

When I first got diagnosed with MS, my neurologist encouraged me to go swimming.  Last year, I found out what a disaster it could be to try and swim in the ocean.  Oh, the ocean water wasn't the problem - I just couldn't walk in the sand to even get to the ocean.  Dry sand + MS mobility issues = nightmare.  And the pool scared me.  Slip sliding everywhere did not appeal to me.  But I've learned that there putting together a simple survival kit alleviates my fears and makes it easier for me to enjoy pool time.

If you want to know what's in my survival kit, check out my article on the Yahoo Contributing Network here.  Yup, I'm a writer now.  I'd like to expand my blog from being a simple journal of one woman's MS and take a broader focus.  I'll be writing articles, following other blogs, and contributing to other sites as appropriate.  So if you have any ideas to help me increase my presence and participation in the online world, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment