Sunday, April 24, 2011

Well, it's been a week since the less than favorable neuro appointment, and it's been a hectic and tiring week.

Physical therapy has been, for the most part, good. I like my physical therapist, and unlike some of her clients, I do not refer to her as a physical terrorist. The good news is that physical therapists can teach exercises that don't require a lot of specialized equipment. The bad news is that those exercises take away so many of the excuses on why I'm not fit. It's all too obvious that the only person I have to blame is myself. I haven't been 100% perfect on getting my stretching done everyday. It's demoralizing to watch my 5 year old breeze through exercises that are a struggle for me. Since I'm out of practice, I'm sore, and when you're sore, the last thing you want to do is continue doing the things that make you sore.

The week has left me exhausted - I've spent Easter Sunday napping and resting on the couch instead of in church and with family. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a better grip on the fatigue in the upcoming week.

So, what's up this week? I've got 2 more physical therapy appointments this week, and I get to follow up on doing he exercises at home every day. This is also the week for five days of IV solumedrol infusions. While that makes my schedule crazy, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to relaxing in the IV chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment