Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Aftermath

Well, I did it. I started my medicine again last night. And I'm OK.

After the training, the nurse told me to take all the time I needed before actually giving myself the shock. I surprised everyone by taking about 30 seconds to do it. I knew that if I just went ahead and did it, it would be better. The longer I stewed about it, the worse it would be.

I did suffer some side effects, but they weren't nearly as bad as they were the first time I took the shot. I'm wondering if that was because I wasn't in the midst of an attack this time. The first time I started the medicine, I was in the middle of an attack, and it was a painful attack. I was also dealing with the stress of being recently diagnosed when I did this the first time.

I was actually relieved to have some side effects, since my doctor told me that's a sign the medicine is actually working. But at the same time, the effects weren't that overwhelming. I didn't get a very good sleep last night, but I had a great nap this morning. And I don't feel drained at the start of my week, so I have a feeling this will work out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment